Veterans continue to face a number of reintegration challenges when returning home, including physiological and behavioral disorders, feelings of isolation, broken identity, cultural gaps between military and civilian life, limited professional and social networks, lack of civilian work experience, translating military experience into civilian job skills, and veteran suicide.
Whereas military service builds important personal characteristics, practical skills, and professional experience, translating these to facilitate transition into civilian life has been the challenge. Surveys reveal that 81% of separating service members do not feel “fully prepared for the process of entering the job market” and 76% report “an inability to effectively translate their military skills into civilian terms.”
The above findings suggest that the lack of resiliency training as one of the leading causes of failure in returning service members and calls for a program that helps them build upon their military training and skills to help them redefine their personal identity, purpose in life, and desired occupation after service.
To answer the call NVTSI is presenting the REBOOT Your Life Seminar™ for Veterans, a half-day, cohort-based program that builds the emotional, psychological, social, and professional skills necessary for successful reintegration into civilian life. Developed by the National Veterans Transition Services, Inc., the seminar’s insightful and personalized approach to reintegration utilizes cognitive restructuring to help veterans redefine their life – from the inside out for a successful transition home.
Learn Foundations & Strategies For Transition
- Enhance and build upon your training, experience, and skills to prepare you for life after the military.
- Build your understanding of how your mind works, and how you can control the way you think to achieve success—in any part of your life that you desire.
- Design and create the road map and foundation to your life plan and future.
- Define your career based on your passion and goals.
How This Seminar Will Change Your Life
- Learn about yourself and your environment as you strive to redefine your life and your goals and aspirations.
- Personally develop in all areas, enabling you to be in charge of living a balanced life of purpose, meaning, and happiness for you, your family, and your friends.
- Take charge of your estimation of your worth and stop relying on the opinion of others.
- Learn how to reset your goals as you approach their accomplishment, which keeps you constantly moving forward.
Taking a innovative and holistic approach to transition, the REBOOT Your Life Seminar for Veterans™ builds upon your military training and skills to help you redefine your personal identity, purpose in life, and desired occupation. Participants are immersed in a reflective and engaging curriculum that successfully bridges the gap between military and civilian worlds.
The goal of the seminar is to assist veterans in reframing their thought patterns from military service to civilian life, with all veterans achieving, within their potential, their goals in the TRANSITION DOMAINS of: Employment and Career, Education, Living Situation, Personal Effectiveness & Wellbeing and Community-Life Functioning.
This One-Day REBOOT Your Life Seminar™ is based on our highly successful military to civilian REBOOT Workshop™, that focuses on three critical areas of a successful transition: Personal Identity, Lifestyle Transition & Career Transition. The seminar addresses the personal and social aspects of transition to civilian life by using research-based, outcome-driven methods drawn from the best practices in career planning and cognitive behavioral techniques. The seminar will help you get back on track with your life/career and shift your thinking from being military directed to being self-directed.
What should You expect?
Through reflections, exercises, and discussions with your seminar partners and facilitators, you will learn about yourself and your environment as you strive to redefine your life and your goals and aspirations. As a result, you will personally develop in all areas, enabling you to be in charge of living a balanced life of purpose, meaning, and happiness for you, your family, and your friends. The Facilitators do not have the answers. In fact there are many right answers. You have the answers inside of you and will also find them within your seminar partners. They are sometimes deep inside and need time to surface.
Trust the process and enjoy the journey. Your learning will build throughout the day and you will develop insights over time. You are reprogramming the way you think and interact with each other and the world. You will continue to discover things about yourself, and your future possibilities after the seminar and into the future. The results will amaze you.
The REBOOT Your Life Seminar™ approach to learning is very different from the traditional training model. Traditional training typically involves highly structured information delivery, usually in lecture format, where students read or listen to the material, take notes, ask questions, and are expected to retain the information for testing. The REBOOT approach to learning might be different than what you are used to.
During this reflective and engaging Seminar, you will find that:
- You are a participant in the process, not a just a “student.”
- The learning is based on your experience and future desires.
- There are no tests. We look at many perspectives.
The goal is to increase your Personal Mastery— understanding of yourself, others, and the environment around you—through reflection, dialogue, discovery, documentation, and the application of Cognitive Behavioral processes that impact the thought process of discovery of the entire life wheel and personal development.
The outcome is generative learning that can be used throughout your lifetime.
Attend If You Strive To:
- Change from a military-directed mindset to self-directed.
- Discover your passion and purpose.
- Decrease stress and live a more healthy and vital life.
- Make a permanent and lifelong lasting positive change in your life.
- Find your fit for the next career.